Thursday, December 03, 2009

Dance, Monkeys, Dance!

When Aunt Becky says jump, her monkeys don't wait to say how high. I'm not a monkey. But I do dig my dear Aunt Becky and when she wants to give me something for free, I accept, even if it means I have to answer a bunch of random questions about myself that will in no way help anyone to know my inner workings any better. I am a very dangerous woman of mystery, you know. I keep shit close to the chest. Ha.

So here you go Becky, our titillating interview, since you told the monkeys:
"I’m always telling you to shut your whore mouth. Now it’s time to open it."

1) Do you like sprinkles on your ice cream?
Only if it is black raspberry ice cream with chocolate jimmies, which is what they are called in the real world aka Rhode Island.

2) If you had to choose one word to banish from the English language, what would it be and why?
Anyone who reads my blog knows this one. Moist. An unoriginal choice, but there it is. That word makes me cringe. Second choice? Nickleback, for many, many obvious reasons.

 
3) If you were a flavor, what would it be?
Dark chocolate peanut butter cup.

4) What’s the most pointless annoying chore you can think of that you do on a daily/weekly basis?
I actually don't mind household chores. Not that I'm June Cleaver or anything, but I like a clean house. I don't, however, like cleaning my husband's hairs off of every surface to which they stick, which is every surface in sight. That's definitely not pointless, since I don't want to live in a monkey house, but it irritates me.

5) Of all the nicknames I’ve ever had in my life, Aunt Becky is the most widely known and probably my favorite. What’s your favorite nickname? (for yourself)
I've had lots of nicknames: Josie-anna, Banga, Sub Curls, Sgt. Josie-which is the most ironic since I ended up marrying a Sargent for real- and the latest, Jojobeans. Coined by one of the cousins, it stuck. E probably uses it the most, and it helps me identify his moods. It becomes Jojo if he wants something, Beans if he's making fun of me. I spent most of my life refusing to accept nicknames, but know I am Jojo for-eva.

6) You're stuck on a desert island with the collective works of 5 (and only five) musical artists for the rest of your life. Who are they?
You suck, Becky. I don't like limits. But if I must I'll go with Regina Spektor, the Beatles, Jeff Buckley, Dave Mathews Band, and Madonna. Yup.

7) Everything is better with bacon. True or false?
True! Try Chocolate Chip Maple Bacon cookies! Boo ya!
8 ) If I could go back in time and tell Young Aunt Becky one thing, it would be that out of chaos, order will emerge. Also: tutus go with everything. What would you tell your young self?
Curly haired girls must never cut bangs. And E is the only one who will ever really love you, so don't waste your time looking elsewhere.

Happy, Becky?  Thanks for making me do a damn questionairre even when you know blog readers hate questionairres. I still love you.

1 comment:

sheri said...

i thoroughly enjoyed that