Monday, August 30, 2010

From the Archives

I've started combing through old files in an attempt to organize and clean up my computer. In doing so, I've found a bunch of photos of food I never posted, recipes I may have partially forgotten, and some really crappy lighting. At least I've fixed that problem, for the most part! This one is from last October, and I remember, at least vaguely, that they were really good. They have bacon in them, so how could they not be? I must have planned on posting them, since I have in-progress shots, but who knows why I never did. Lazy? Me? Never.

BBQ Bleu Cheese Mini Meatloaves (aka Meat Muffins)

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground turkey
3 slices of bacon. cut into quarters
1/2 cup bleu cheese, crumbled
1/2 cup BBQ sauce, divided
salt and pepper
Worcestershire sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1 egg white
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. In a large bowl, gently mix turkey, garlic, egg white, 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce, and bread crumbs; season with salt and pepper and a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce. Divide into twelve portions. Place each portion into muffin cups, making a small well in the center. Divide bleu cheese evenly among muffins. Fold turkey mixture over the cheese and pinch to seal. Top each muffin with a piece of bacon and brush with some of the remaining BBQ sauce. Bake for 25 minutes, basting again with remaining BBQ sauce halfway through cooking and at the end.

Print the Recipe

1 comment:

Tina said...

OHMYGOD...blue cheese in meat loaf?! Get outta the way, those look grand. Mmm..nmmm